Generic filters
Exact matches only

US Counsular to visit BVI next month

Bridgetown, Barbados, Thursday, January 13, 2010 – Consular officers from the U.S.Embassy in Barbados will visit Tortola Feb. 1-2 to provide American CitizenServices, and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA).  Visa cases will not be discussed. Appointments in Tortola will be held at the Royal Virgin Islands Police Headquarters, Waterfront Drive, Road Town on Tuesday, Feb. 1 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and Wednesday, Feb. 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
An appointment is required to meet with the consular officer.  All appointments are scheduled online.  To schedule an appointment, please follow instructions on the U.S. Embassy’s website at http://barbados.usembassy.gov/acs_consularvisits.html. Applicants are reminded that they must have all forms filled our prior to their appointment.
Fees are payable by international money order or bank draft, made out to “U.S. Embassy, Barbados.”  Fees are: Child’s passport (under age 16) US $105; first adult passport US $135; CRBA US $100.Persons renewing a ten-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and who can present the expired passport, may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; fee is US$110.    
All passport applicants who cannot present a previous ten-year passport issued less than fifteen years ago must appear for an interview with the consular officer.  If both parents are listed on the birth certificate of a child under age 16, both parents must appear in person with the child OR submit a notarized statement of consent from the parent not present.  For more information visit: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html
All applicants must provide: completed passport application and proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate.   
For a child under 16, bring current passport, birth certificate and a photocopy of certificate, parents’ passports (along with photocopies of descriptive data pages of parents’ passports) and two passport-size photos (2” x 2”).  
A prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, QuikPak, etc.) is required in order to mail/post passports back to the British Virgin Islands.  Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website at www.travel.state.gov.   

Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter!