- August 9th, 2014
- in Lifestyle
Virgin Islands Life – VISAR – JOIN US!
Photography by Rainbow Visions BVI
– The VISAR team is made up of volunteers from all walks of life, who dedicate their time to saving lives at sea
– VISAR responds to an average 80 shouts per year
– VISAR has 40 crew members
– Trainees take an average of 6 months to become a VISAR crew member, attending training weekly
– The boats—Spirit and Gorda Peak—can reach 50kts or 55 mph at top speed
– Since 2000 66% of all shouts have been medical
– In 2013 53% of shouts were medical, but in 2012 the figure was 70%
– VISAR is fully funded by charitable donations
Swim and Sup the Sound annual event – raising money and awareness for VISAR
– Support VISAR by becoming a member. Visit our website www.visar.org and click on become a member.
CONTACT US: Emergency Phone: 1-284-499-0911 Office Phone: 1-284-494-4357 Email: [email protected]
Visit our office: Our office is located at Road Reef Marina just down the road from TMM, Sharky’s Mexitalian Grill, and the Marine Police Station in Road Town, Tortola.